The struggle of having super flat feet. Wrapping + arch insoles + motion control running shoes is the only way I can run for more than even a minute :/
Found this and thought it might help some of you to learn how to properly tie your running shoes :)
Woo!! I finally got new running shoes! This are supposedly great for flat feet! I can’t wait to test them out :)
This is what I have been following to train for my half marathon! Hope it helps :)
As you guys may know I am training for a half marathon (only 73 days to go) but I have encountered a big problem. I have extremely flat feet and tend to severely over-pronate. This is causing me to be in a lot of pain :( I am currently doing exercises to help strengthen my flat feet, however I need some more immediate relief. Do any of you know anything that could help ?
Thank you in advance!
Check out my lovely sisters blog please! She posts delicious healthy recipes! Plus she is training for a marathon, planning her wedding, and traveling a lot so its an awesome blog! (not just saying that because she is my sister lol)
Here link is http://thesageowlblog.wordpress.com/
Message me if you check it out ;)
Pretty damn proud of myself right now 😄😜🏃💪#fitness #fit #run #runner #tinkerbellhalfmarathon #halfmarathon #healthy #health #training #polartft4 #calories #motivation
Officially registered for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon!!!!!!
Day 1 of training for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon complete!
Officially registering next week! It’s in January so hopefully I will be able to run a half marathon by then lol! Ah I’m so excited!Get ready to see a lot of running posts!
Decided on these babies! The “Lunarglide 4” I tried them on at the store and they felt great! But they didnt have the color I wanted so I ordered them online. So excited to run in them!
Which do you prefer for running?
Running is popular because it is accessible to mostly anyone, you don’t need to have a gym membership to run! Plus it gives you great results. Getting into running isn’t a walk in the park though (haha get it?) however there are some things you can do to make running better for you.
- Eat an hour or so before working out, preferably something with complex carbs. This will help you keep energized during your run.
- Drink water through out the day or morning before you run. You dont want to become dehydrated while running.
- STRETCH. Make sure you stretch before hand so that you dont end up pulling anything. I like to do a short session of yoga before I go running because it is a good warm up and gets my muscles ready.
- Find a route or set a goal. If you plan on running outside find a route that you like, you can google your city and running paths. If you are running inside on treadmill then set a goal for yourself as to how much you want to walk/run.
- Listen to music that keeps you pumped up! this will make the time go by faster and its just fun lol.
- Set small goals. If I am running outside then I like to set small goals like “okay im going to run to that tree over there and not stop on the way” then I just focus on the tree and then take a break.
- Start off slow! you will not be able to run 3 miles non stop if this is the first time you run. Start off with a walk then run combo and increase your time every time you run.
- Cool down by walking.
- Keep hydrated.
- Stretch again.
Cool Things To Have as a Runner:
- Really good running shoes. You should always have good running shoes but sometimes its good to splurge a bit on shoes to motivate you to go out.
- A water bottle with a handle on it. I got mine at a sporting goods store. It allows me to strap the bottle to my hand so I can run easily with it.
- APPS! There are SO many cool apps for running! My favorite ones are: Zombies,Run! , C25K and map my run.
- ipod/phone armband. This keeps you from having to hold them in your hand.
- Fitbit or Heart Rate Monitor. These will help you see your progress.
So these are MY tips for new runners :) What are some of yours?